Sunday, July 11, 2010

Catching up to the Horses

Will I ever catch up? I certainly hope not. Life would be boring without projects looming in front of me.

Yes, I have some new designs. And I have been doing a bit of needlepoint. Recently I did a stitch guide for my horses behinds BH02. In June I taught it at TNNA to several shop owners. I decided to do a monochromatic background of sky, a brick wall and some grass all in the same color. I chose Silver Fox #002 from Gloriana. I love her threads and feel so confident in using them in my guides since her dye lots are normally pretty close in color. Blues will always be  the same blue.

The big star of the piece is the great reflective quality of Kreinik's new Holographic threads. All the metallic used are Holographic colors. The gold border was so much fun but, if I worked on it at night in artificial light, the reflectiveness of it made my head hurt. So, I did the borders during the day. I will be using the same background on the other horses and as a little treat, they will also be available as singles on a 6x10 canvas cut for eyeglass cases, a nice little pillow insert, a small framed piece or a stand up or even an ornament. The singles will be ready in August 2010.

Below is BH02 stitched. The guide is available now. The canvas is 8x10 on 18M.



BH01 Flower Girls 8x10 on 18M. I can see some ribbon stitching on this one!



And last but certianly not the end is BH03 HO! HO! HO! 8x10 on 18M. Bring on the beads!

No comments: