Monday, March 13, 2006

Month later

It has been a month since my last posting. After writing that, I feel like I have gone to confession.

What a month. I had a delightful class at Designers Desk in Bloomingdale IL last month. I enjoy visiting Desinger's Desk. The owner, Pat, and her staff are so nice to work with and Pat is such a gracious host to teachers.

So I came home, was in my post travel "coma" for a few days catching up on life and work back at the "ranch". The weather went from bitter cold, snow to 70's and sun.

I have been working on a canvas that has lots of French Knots. Tuscan Cove is the canvas. I have it done except for the knots. Back when I was a kid, I embroidered too many pillow cases and dresser scarves, all with stem stitch, chain stitch and those dreaded French Knots. In my adult life I joked at substituting beads for the knots.

But this canvas was not a canvas where you would do that. It needed knots. Nice neat one and random sloppy ones. Every day I do a few hundred and those trees are blooming! I did have a few days off from stitching. I cut my finger on my left hand, messed up my pointer and thumb on my right hand and on Saturday I burnt my middle finger and ring on the right hand on my oven rack. That should teach me to stay away form the oven!

Aside from not loving French knots, for some reason I also hate to needlepoint with green or brown thread. Have no clue why. But if you are doing a landscape, green and brown colors are part of it. You simply plow on ahead.

So, in a short time I can post a photo of the Knotty canvas.

I will promise myself to post more often. In a few weeks I will be heading off to Dallas Texas to do a small trade show. There are times I really enjoy getting out of Mountain Top and there are times I would rather have 3 root canals without any novacaine. Right now I am in-between on my preferences.

Spring is here. There are robins in the back yard and I can hear the birds chirping away in the morning. Including Sam, my big parrot. He sings right along with them. The trees are starting to look like they are getting ready for another season of foliage. The lilies are poking up through the mulch and the last pile of snow has melted.

More when I get a chance.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought you'd like to know someone else is here, reading.

Anonymous said...

Make that two someones :-) Glad you've got a blog, Sharon -- I look forward to keeping up with it!

Anonymous said...

Make that two someones :-) I look forward to reading more, Sharon!

Anonymous said...

Way cool blog Sharon! Keep writing, love hearing about your stitching, travels, designs, everything! Nice web site too. :-)

Anonymous said...

And how are the girls doing???

Anonymous said...

Way cool blog Sharon! Keep writing, love hearing about your stitching, travels, designs, everything! Nice web site too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey I read this blog page and LOVED it, having found it from the Chilly Hollow blog, having found that from the Needlepoint Etc. list, having found that from the fact that I live and breathe needlepoint...