Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Belle Sprague needlepointed a masterpiece

Earlier today I opened my email to find this wonderful masterpiece stitched by Belle Sprague of California. A few years ago I did a class for the San Bernardino Chapter of ANG. Belle won the door prize, my CT 43, Eight Flying Jewels canvas.

The masterpiece took shape under the direction of a fine teacher, Shelley Mullin. Belle claims Shelley really stretched her stitching comfort zone. Belle entered it in a regional exhibit last April, the Shoreline Stitchers' Showcase in Palos Verdes, CA, and it won a first-place ribbon.



She is planning to enter it in a future exhibit. This will be her first entry in a National Exhibit.

I love the detached wings, I love the open stitches and I love the beads! I love it all.

Congratulations to Belle and to Shelley who guided her to create such a masterpiece. It makes me as a designer very proud to see such a breathtaking interpretation.

Best wishes for more awards Belle.

6 comments:

Pierrette =^..^= said...

That is a fascinating piece. Love it too.

Pierrette =^..^=

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this is lovely! /What a stitch guide (book) this would be. Truly a beautiful piece!

Front Range Stitcher said...

WOW! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing work of art! You must be thrilled! Creations such as this inspire us all to stretch and "go for it" no matter what. What a treat to see.

SharonG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

Sharon, I just love this piece. It is magnificent!

SharonG Needlepoint said...

Lisa, I agree, it is magnificent. I am looking forward to it bringing home a ribbon for Belle at seminar. She did a marvelous job.